Download Application Form
Want to be a Physical Therapist on a great team? - Position FilledHumboldt Physical Therapy is a small clinic focused on world-class physical therapy and customer service. Effort, communication, and teamwork make us effective and efficient, so those are core values for us. Team members are accountable to each other, including the owner, to maximize the value of our services to clients. We foster empowerment in both patients and staff to gain the tools needed to flourish. We are committed to streamlining workflow, and we want to enjoy ourselves while we work. If we have enough patients and are following legal regulations, we should be laughing our day away. We are proud to support someone that wants to develop and master their area of interest. We have a lot of experience in manual therapy, functional strengthening, Pilates, low back and sacroiliac joint, shoulders, ankles, and other areas, and we need more PT's as we expand. We prefer someone who is interested in developing themselves in an area of local unmet need, such as women's health or PT for runners. We are looking for someone that is open to change if there is a better way to do something. We continue to strive for the most effective, most efficient treatments. We want someone who will grow as a team player and overlap their understanding with the mutual clinic understanding, who will share information they may know with the team and help make the team stronger. The more we understand what each other is doing, the easier to cover for someone when they are gone on vacation. It is easier to have a Physical Therapy Assistant follow proven regimens when we all know what they are. We need someone who understands or is willing to learn smart billing, so we can be paid appropriately for our services, and ensure stability for all members of the team. We need someone who is not intimidated by computers, technology, or new ways to provide services to patients that get better outcomes with less difficulty. We want someone that wants to be competitive with functional outcomes and patient satisfaction scores. We want to be a stand-out clinic nationally not just locally. We want to show that world-class therapy can be performed in a small rural town. The right person will enjoy our wonderful paradise on the Northern Coast of California. We appreciate our clean beaches and beautiful giant redwood forests. When COVID 19 is controlled, we look forward to returning to weekly organic farmer's markets, a thriving live music scene, and a culture of arts. The area has many opportunities for cycling, hiking, surfing and other outdoor activities. We have affordable coastal property. Please note, there is no Gucci store. If you are looking for high-end shopping, you will need to shop out of the area. We do have a bevy of tasty restaurants. We offer competitive salary and benefits. We are looking for the right person in the right seat on the bus. From new grad to an experienced veteran, if what you are looking for matches what we are looking for, please please contact us.
Care Coordinator - Position AvailableAs a Care Coordinator at Humboldt Physical Therapy, you will share responsibility for all front desk tasks. The ideal candidate is a stickler for details who works with a sense of urgency when it comes to completing tasks and working with the team. At Humboldt Physical Therapy, we like to hire “champs” for our team, and then utilize their individual skills to enhance the team. Here, we work hard providing quality care for our patients, but we have lots of fun doing it. So, if you like a challenging work environment with a variety of responsibilities, you’ll fit right in.
- Graciously welcomes patients to Humboldt Physical Therapy in person or on the phone.
- Communication is key. Care Coordinators must effectively communicate with MD offices, insurance companies, patients, and co-workers.
- Must be a people-person that can masterfully collect patient copays and converse with patients even through challenging interactions.
- Keep up with constant flow of referrals. Care Coordinators must process referrals, verify insurance, request authorizations, schedule patients, and monitor insurance usage of current patients.
- Work closely with the biller to quickly address insurance issues and constantly work to improve team efficiency.
- Be a good scout. Verify insurance details for accuracy in patients’ electronic charts.
- Remain cool under pressure. Things can get pretty hectic at times, so we want to make sure you can keep calm and carry on through even the most stressful of circumstances.
- Be a patient information bodyguard. Ensure you and your team adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations to keep all system data safe and secure.
- Save a passion for checklists. Care Coordinators have daily and weekly tasks that include cleaning and various office responsibilities.
- Be a stickler for organization. Keep the treatment area in a clean and ordered state at all times.
- This role is ever-evolving, and tasks and responsibilities may change over time.
- Love a good puzzle. You’ll need to think critically—and analytically—on a daily basis.
- Well organized, ahead of schedule, communicative, and accountable—in short, own your role entirely, while being open to critiques, suggestions, and new ideas.
- Have patience, multitasking talents, and use of good judgment when prioritizing tasks. We are a busy office and want someone who can make the job look easy even though it’s not.
- Knows how and when to roll up sleeves to get the job done.
- Hunger for knowledge!