Looking for Something Different? -Position Open
Humboldt Physical Therapy is expanding again, and we need more physical therapists to grow with us.
The ideal PT we are looking for always tries to improve their clinical skills, is team oriented, is tech savvy enough, is comfortable with all different kinds of diverse people, participates in or at least knows the message of our marketing, likes our rural area, occasionally takes students as a CI (once they are ready for that), wants to work full time, and stays a while. Our PT's treat their own patients without sharing the treatment with PT Assistants or aides.
We are proud to support someone that wants to develop and master their area of interest. We have both more experienced PT's and also newer PT's, and we need more as we expand. We are flexible with the schedule, so you will have input in the hours you work, including if you prefer working four 10's, etc. We don't need someone to be a computer programmer; but we do need someone who is not intimidated by computers, technology, or new ways to provide services to patients that get better outcomes with less difficulty. We have 40 minute visits with no double booking. We measure well-defined, reasonable metrics, so you will know if you are meeting expectations; and if not, supportive coaching to get on track.
We love our community, 5 hours north of San Francisco and 2 hours south of Oregon, on the coast, in Humboldt County. We want to prove we can do world class physical therapy in our little rural area. The right person will enjoy our wonderful paradise on the Northern Coast of California, with our clean beaches and beautiful giant redwood forests. We have weekly organic farmer's markets, a thriving live music scene, and a culture of arts. The area has many opportunities for cycling, hiking, surfing and other outdoor activities. Please note, there is no Gucci store. If you are looking for high end shopping, you will need to shop out of the area. We do have a bevy of tasty restaurants.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. We are looking for the right fit on our enthusiastic team. From new grad to experienced veteran, if what you are looking for matches what we are looking for please contact us.
Care Coordinator - Position AvailableAs a Care Coordinator at Humboldt Physical Therapy, you will share responsibility for all front desk tasks. The ideal candidate is a stickler for details who works with a sense of urgency when it comes to completing tasks and working with the team. At Humboldt Physical Therapy, we like to hire “champs” for our team, and then utilize their individual skills to enhance the team. Here, we work hard providing quality care for our patients, but we have lots of fun doing it. So, if you like a challenging work environment with a variety of responsibilities, you’ll fit right in.
- Graciously welcomes patients to Humboldt Physical Therapy in person or on the phone.
- Communication is key. Care Coordinators must effectively communicate with MD offices, insurance companies, patients, and co-workers.
- Must be a people-person that can masterfully collect patient copays and converse with patients even through challenging interactions.
- Keep up with constant flow of referrals. Care Coordinators must process referrals, verify insurance, request authorizations, schedule patients, and monitor insurance usage of current patients.
- Work closely with the biller to quickly address insurance issues and constantly work to improve team efficiency.
- Be a good scout. Verify insurance details for accuracy in patients’ electronic charts.
- Remain cool under pressure. Things can get pretty hectic at times, so we want to make sure you can keep calm and carry on through even the most stressful of circumstances.
- Be a patient information bodyguard. Ensure you and your team adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations to keep all system data safe and secure.
- Save a passion for checklists. Care Coordinators have daily and weekly tasks that include cleaning and various office responsibilities.
- Be a stickler for organization. Keep the treatment area in a clean and ordered state at all times.
- This role is ever-evolving, and tasks and responsibilities may change over time.
- Love a good puzzle. You’ll need to think critically—and analytically—on a daily basis.
- Well organized, ahead of schedule, communicative, and accountable—in short, own your role entirely, while being open to critiques, suggestions, and new ideas.
- Have patience, multitasking talents, and use of good judgment when prioritizing tasks. We are a busy office and want someone who can make the job look easy even though it’s not.
- Knows how and when to roll up sleeves to get the job done.
- Hunger for knowledge!